Enjoy.

Enjoy.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Post #2






I believe who we are is determined by how we grow up and where we grew up because it has a tremendous impact on they way we see life as a whole. This whole Idea of Social Imagination made me realize that if you were born outside the country, you are somewhat limited to the background information and it's a harder environment to adapt to. Coming from experience, it's safe to say life was different back home in many ways mainly because the education system there wasn't as developed as America's educational system today. When I arrived to America I was given many opportunities such as, the chance to start my life at an earlier age which gave me time to learn and pick up English. To me English was the hardest to learn at first because you can't fit society's norms without being able to communicate in English but, with the help of many friends and families I slowly began understanding it one day at a time. The culture back home was nothing compared to America because some things acceptable there.. weren't acceptable here without being penalized for it. Here I am today thinking about my past and it truly amazes me how much I changed since the first day I arrived in America.

1 comment:

  1. Behar, I like hearing your insights from your own experiences. Be sure to also explain some of the sources we examined from class: readings, videoes websites that we looked at. How do they fit into this post?

    ReplyDelete