Enjoy.

Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Community Service


Recently I participated in a community service event called "Bocce Ball Special Olympics" from 7:30 am till 4:30 Pm at the Tea Pavilion at Citizens Park in Barrington and it was a very interesting day because I finally got to participate in an event that sort of impacted me because it gave me a different perspective to think about. I met some wonderful people that tremendously helped me appreciate how truly gifted I was to get the ability to do most things these guys weren't able to do for the most part. Most people these days don't take in to consideration the fact that their able to do more then kids with special needs who didn't chose to live that life. Although they didn't chose that life, I'm sure god has a special plan for them down the road. The weather was very bipolar and it caused multiple delays to the event which sort of angered me but then again its whatever. The experience was truly fun due to the fact that I felt like a huge help to these competitors whom have been practicing for years just to play at the event and go down the road to ISU for state.

No comments:

Post a Comment