Enjoy.

Enjoy.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Post #9


Over the past couple of weeks we have talked about social class, and how where you grow up and what you are exposed to can effect many things. Where you live has a tremendous impact on the way you are raised and whether or not you have behavior issues in the long run. For instance, if someone were to live in the south side of Chicago, they would be so caught up in between gang related activities which set them at a higher chance to end up in jail. They would also be limited necessary supplies in order to improve individually education wise due to the low income of the neighborhood. Opposed to someone like me for instance, raised in an all white neighborhood attending one of the best schools in the nation which plays a huge role in the education I receive I the long run because the incomes are slightly higher and teachers are way more professional educated. This is proof that Social Class plays a key role in the education you receive after college. I was born in Albania, one of the poorest countries in middle-Europe and once I arrived to America I noticed the huge difference in opportunities due to higher wealth statues and more jobs. With a blink of an eye I soon began to realize how lucky I truly am too get the opportunities I have today. Watching the documentary, Line I soon began to realize how big of a struggle it was for lower-middle class people to live pay check by pay check and support 2+ kids at the same time. What people don't realize is how many people truly struggle financially because of the area they were raised in didn't give them the opportunity to noticed the reality of social class in America. Many people look at income statistics and assume most people are in the "middle-class" but many can agree that there is no such as thing because its hard to distinguish the difference between the classes because the thin line isn't visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment